Main technical conditions of supplying knit fabrics with elastomers
1. METALLIC FOILS: avoid abnormal stretching not to compromise adhesive power of any metallic foils, regularly tested and approved in lab.
Washing, never over 86°F, hand or machine, must be delicate with neutral soap. Better specialist clean.
Do not centrifugate. Avoid spin dry. Dry horizontally.
Do not dry cleaning.
Avoid prolonged soaking since the foils are water based.
Iron at maximum sole-plate temperature of 230°F on the reverse side interposing a cloth.
For fabrics with softening or silicone pay special attention. We recommend testing the behavior of this category of fabrics before their
use in uniforms or garments for continuous use that require repeated washing.
2. COMBINATION of colours is not recommended when the fastness values of Washing, Water and Sea water are lower than 4.5.
Please pay special attention to the fastness values declared in the charts.
3. SOLVENTS may be aggressive for the foil applied to the fabrics, including those present in the glues of adhesive labels which therefore are not recommended for the use.
4. SENSITIVITY: to avoid yellowing of colours keep fabrics in a dry place, far from heat sources and strong lights.
5. GLITTER: Dry cleaning has a positive history.
We confirm that the glitter can discharge on the first wash, especially sequins attached to other sequins, less those attached to the fabric. This process fears rubbing. Therefore, no complaints will be accepted for any detachment of the sequins.
Little differences of quality, colour, dimension and weight are consequence of technical process of manufacturing and are unavoidable. The tolerances limits are:
a. HEIGHT and LENGHT: ± 2%.
b. WEIGHT: ± 6% for fabrics over 4.40 oz/yd2 else ± 10%.
c. DIMENSIONS: ± 6% at washing at 104°F in accordance with BS EN ISO 6330.
d. SHRINKAGE of the fabrics after cut (alias RELAXATION) due to release of the least tension necessary for taking up the rolls must be considered physiological as far as 3%.
e. TONALITY: ± 1 point on the scale of grey.
TEXTILE CARE LABELLING
as follows, except where otherwise clearly indicated:
• Washing: machine wash at 104°F
• Bleaching: do not use chlorine-based bleach
• Drying: avoid spin dry. Squeeze off excess water or delicate spin. Hang to dry
• Ironing: maximum sole-plate temperature of 230°F
• Dry cleaning: articles which are suitable for dry cleaning in perchloroethylene
An incorrect use relieves Convertex Us from each liability.